Emmy-award winning director Joseph Rosendo has been a travel, food and wine journalist and travel broadcaster for more than 30 years. Since 2007, he has hosted, directed and written Joseph Rosendo’s Travelscope®, the award-winning travel television series. “We close each show with a quote from Mark Twain: ‘Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness,’” says Joseph. “It’s a truth that first turned me on to travel and has kept me hooked for more than thirty years.”
Joseph Rosendo’s Travelscope®, now in its seventh season, reaches 96% of the US market and 265 million viewers on more than 500 PBS stations nationwide, as well as airing in numerous international markets. With 91 shows currently airing, the series persists to persevere in creating one of the most entertaining, informative and thoughtful programs on television. “I look forward to seeing more of your shows as you continue to open our minds and expand our hearts,” posts a viewer at Facebook.com/Travelscope. “It’s wonderful to know, that our endeavor makes a difference in our viewers’ lives,” says Joseph, “Everyday I am thankful and grateful to have been blessed with the gift of this opportunity!”
Since his first travel story appeared in The Los Angeles Times in 1980, he has been published in countless publications worldwide and was the Consulting Editor for DK Eyewitness Travel Guides’ Where To Go When and Where To Go When—The Americas, as well as the author of an Insider’s Guide to Los Angeles.
For twenty-four years, as the creator and host of Travelscope Radio, he created features for numerous electronic media outlets including Discovery Channel Radio, the Associated Press and ABCnews.com.
In addition, Rosendo is the publisher of Travelscope’s eMagazine, a quarterly travel, food and entertainment perspective, and contributes to the Travelscope.net website where his pod casts, as well as, radio and television shows are available for download.
“Travel is more than a vocation to me,” says Joseph, “it’s a love and a passion that I’ve been indulging in all of my life and am privileged to share with my viewers, listeners and readers.”
Joseph’s Awards include:
- - Three Emmy Awards including Emmy-Winning Director
- - Eight-time Emmy Nominee
- - 29 Telly Awards
- - Nine-time winner of Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism Awards for Video and Audio.
- - Travel Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) National Award for Tourism Excellence - Globe and Mail Travel Media Award
- - Government of France - Medaille d’Or du Tourisme
- - Two-time winner of the Canadian Tourism Commission Northern Lights Broadcast Award
- - Four-time winner of the Society of American Travel Writers Broadcast Award
- - Aurora Awards - Platinum Best of Show for Video