Join Joseph and Julie Rosendo on this special tour!
Vietnam – Laos - Cambodia — March 15 – 23, 2013
Extension to Northern Vietnam — March 23 – 27, 2013
Make a reservation
For more information (888)-831-7526
(Be sure to mention Travelscope)
Space is limited to only 15 travelers
$3750/person (11-15 members)
$4250/person (8-10 members)
$850/person single supplement
$700/person internal airfare (Hanoi – Luang Prabang, - Siem Reap – Hanoi)
Prices are per person, based on double occupancy.
Bac Ha Extension Land Cost
$995/person (11-15 people)
$1295/person (8-10 people)
$250/person Single supplement
After years of being asked repeatedly by many, many viewers to lead a tour, my wife, Julie and I personally designed this Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia itinerary to provide a select group of traveling companions with an authentic, culturally rich, interactive adventure. Rather than take you to one of the many somewheres we've been, we've arranged for you to share with us our first-time discoveries in places we've always dreamed of visiting. To have the opportunity to see Vietnam in all its magical glory recovered from war and want is a guaranteed uplifting experience. Each day in Vietnam is filled with opportunities to touch and understand this ancient culture through a wide variety of carefully selected activities – each one holding more possibilities than the next. Laos offers us the chance to engage in the moving spiritual practice of exchanging alms and blessings with the monks, get a riverside view of life and witness the handiwork of hilltribe weavers. In Cambodia, Angkor Wat, the world heritage site, stunning beyond belief, as well as breathtaking in its majesty and mystery, yet our comprehensive visit to the plain of Angkor will introduce us to many treasures that, in some ways, rival it.
We'll also have opportunities for gentle interactions with the attending monks giving us the chance for personal moments of reflection. Angkor has so much to offer and we are happy to have selected from its riches its most precious gems. During the Northern Vietnam extension, we up-the-ante and go in search of close encounters with the hill tribe people, something we love to do. We'll meet them in their villages, in the markets and in the fields and with the help of our local guides our collective senses gain insight into existence from their perspective. Please join us on our intimate journey where we will as Mark Twain urged, "Explore. Dream. Discover." Life is an invitation to live, but you must R.S.V.P.
Itinerary at a Glance
- DAY 1 - March 15 - Hanoi
- Today we arrive in Hanoi
- DAY 2 - March 16- Halong Bay
- Board our wooden "junk" boat for a cruise among the 3,000 spectacular limestone islands through the magnificent UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- DAY 3 - March 17 - Halong Bay – Hanoi
- Final glimpse of Halong Bay while cruising back to the dock. Return to Hanoi.
- DAY 4 -March 18 - Luang Prabang, Laos
- Historic Buddhist temples and unhurried life in this capital city
- DAY 5 - March 19 - Luang Prabang, Mekong Cruise, Pak Ou Caves
- River cruise to the famous Mouth of the River Ou and Pak Ou Caves. Later in the day a Laotian Baci ceremony celebrating the spirits of the dead
- Day 6 - March 20 - Siem Reap/Angkor Wat
- Breathtaking Temple of Prasat Kravan, Ta Prohm and beyond
- Day 7 - March 21 - Angkor Wat
- Ancient city of Angkor Thom, Baphuon, The Royal Enclosure, Terrace of Elephants and Terrace of the Leper King and Angkor Wat.
- Day 8 - March 22 – Angkor Wat and local villages
- Angkor’s gem, the Temple of Banteay Srey
- Day 9 - March 23 - Siem Reap – Departure
- Transfer home or continue with extension to Bac Ha
- Day 9 Continued - March 23 - Hanoi – Lao Cai(Day 1 of extension)
- Overnight train to Lao Cai.
- Day 10 -March 24 - Lao Cai – Sapa (Day 2 of extension)
- Bac Ha Market - immersing ourselves in Hill Tribe culture
- Day 11 - March 25 – Sapa (Day 3 of extension)
- Tavan village and the Giay ethnic minority hill tribe
- Day 12 - March 26 - Sapa – Lao Cai – Overnight Train (Day 4 of extension)
- Ban Ho village and the Tay minority - overnight train to Hanoi.
- Day 13 - March 27 - Hanoi – Departure flight (Day 5 of extension)